Sontal Vitamin C 60 Tablets 500mg
SONTAL Vitamin C 500 mg – Ascorbic acid necessary for a healthy immune system.
Payment options during checkout: (1) Pay securely online. (2) Pay via EFT after placing your order.
Free shipping on orders over R 1 000.00!
- Dispatch same day as order
- Customer Satisfaction
- Secure Payments
Vitamin C – Ascorbic Acid
Sontal Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin. It is needed for normal growth and development.
Water-soluble vitamins dissolve in water. Leftover amounts of the vitamin leave the body through the urine. Although the body keeps a small reserve of these vitamins, they have to be taken regularly to prevent a shortage in the body.
Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It is used to:
- Form an important protein used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels
- Heal wounds and form scar tissue
- Repair and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth
- Aid in the absorption of iron
Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals.
- Free radicals are made when your body breaks down food or when you are exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation.
- The buildup of free radicals over time is largely responsible for the aging process.
- Free radicals may play a role in cancer, heart disease, and conditions like arthritis.
The body is not able to make vitamin C on its own. It does not store vitamin C. It is therefore important to include plenty of vitamin C-containing foods in your daily diet.
For many years, vitamin C has been a popular household remedy for the common cold.
- Research shows that for most people, vitamin C supplements or vitamin C-rich foods do not reduce the risk of getting the common cold.
- However, people who take vitamin C supplements regularly might have slightly shorter colds or somewhat milder symptoms.
- Taking a vitamin C supplement after a cold starts does not appear to be helpful.
Vitamin C contributes to maintain the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical stress and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant for the maintenance of good health. It contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress and free radical damage. Antioxidant for skin protection.
It also contributes to wound healing, normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth.
A factor in the maintenance of good health.
Pharmacotherapeutic group: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
Ascorbic acid, coupled with dehydroascorbic acid to which it is reversibly oxidised, has a variety of functions in cellular oxidation processes. Ascorbic acid appears to have an important role in metal ion metabolism, including the gastrointestinal absorption of iron and its transport between plasma and storage organs.
There is evidence that ascorbic acid is required for normal leucocyte functions and that it participates in the detoxification of numerous foreign substances by the hepatic microsomal system.
Deficiency of ascorbic acid leads to scurvy, which may be manifested by weakness, fatigue, dyspnoea, aching bones, perifollicular hyperkeratosis, petechia and ecchymosis, swelling and bleeding of the gums, hypochromic anaemia and other haematopoietic disorders, together with reduced resistance to infections and impaired wound healing.
Ascorbic acid is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.
Ascorbic acid is widely distributed to all tissues. Body stores of ascorbic acid normally are about 1.5g.
Ascorbic acid added to the body’s needs, generally amounts above 200mg daily, is rapidly eliminated; unmetabolised ascorbic acid and its inactive metabolic products are chiefly excreted in the urine. The amount of ascorbic acid excreted unchanged in the urine is dose-dependent and may be accompanied by mild diuresis.
Collagen products you might be interested in: